This holiday package is intended to short stay holiday makers. The itinerary could be modified based on the arrival time in Sri Lanka.
Our pricing includes the followings
- Meet and assistance at the Colombo International Airport
- Transportation by an air-conditioned by car with English Speaking Driver Guide
- All fuel, insurance and license fees of the vehicle
- Replacement of vehicle in case of breakdown or emergency
- Accommodation on double / Twin room sharing basis at the two / three star class hotels or similar
- Meals on Half Board basis (With inclusive of Dinner & Breakfast) at the mentioned hotels
- All Entrance fees and tickets
The following items are NOT included in our price
- Air ticket expenses from your country to Sri Lanka and return journey
- Lunch Expenses
- Extra items consumed / facilities utilized in Hotels
- Tips to service men and drivers
- Expenses of personal nature such as liquor, cigarettes etc.
- Camera Charges payable at the visiting places
- 01 Receive at the Colombo International Airport and proceed to Nuwara Eliya via Kithulgala, where the famous award winning film ‘The Bridge on the River Kwai’ was filmed. Kithulgala is also well known for white water rafting and bird watching / nature trails. Lunch at Kithulgala. Then proceed to Nuwara Eliya. Visit the Haggala Botanical garden and go for a Nuwara Eliya City tour including the visit to the clubs existing from the English period. Dinner and overnight at Nuwara Eliya.
- 02 Having the breakfast, leave the hotel by 07:30 to Anuradhapura, the ancient first capital of Sri Lanka. Anuradhapura, declared as the World Heritage Site for its ancient archeological and religious importance, is the most important place in the history of Sri Lanka which runs back to 3rd century BC. First make a visit to the holy Bo tree, the only one tree in the world with the recorded history for more than 2300 years. The other places to visit are the Mahavihara complex, the Abeyagiri complex built in 2nd century BC, Jetawanarama complex the first tallest brick made building in the world and the monuments including the Samadhi Buddha Statue. Anuradhapura was capital of Sri Lanka for more than 1400 years and has a remarkable history. On your way back visit the Avukana statue, the tallest and ancient Buddha statue in Sri Lanka carved in 7th century AD. This statue has a significant architectural feature. Dinner and overnight at Habarana.
- 03 After breakfast, leave to the hotel at around 7:30 am and proceed to Polonnaruwa, which is the second ancient capital of Sri Lanka during 11th and 13th Centuries AD. Declared as the World Heritage Site for its historical importance, it shows the ancient Sri Lankans’ master sculpture work and irrigation systems which are still mysterious to the present world. King’s palaces, Buddhist Shrines, Man made ocean, Rock sculptures, Rock inscriptions, complexes etc. prove the ancient value. Lunch at Polonnaruwa. Afternoon proceed to Sigiriya, a city, palace and garden complex centering a 200 meter high rock is a glowing tribute to the vision of King Kashyapa who created this 'Palace in the Sky' in the 5th century AD. On the summit of the Sigiriya rock (meaning the 'Lion Rock') that is over 1.5 hectares in extent are the remains of a large palace, the earliest surviving royal palace in Sri Lanka, with several chambers and a bathing pond. The celebrated paintings of 5th century AD, meticulously planned water gardens at the foot of the rock, boulder gardens, the mirror wall, etc are one of the wonders in Asia. Dinner and Overnight at Habarana.
- 04 After breakfast, leave towards Colombo, the commercial capital of Sri Lanka. Lunch en route. Evening Colombo city tour including visits to Independence Square, Old Parliament, Hindu Temple, etc. Dinner and Overnight in Colombo
- 05 Departure transfer to Airport
We did three trips with him and all were TOP!
The trip to Yala was awesome, because we saw many anymals there. Our driver was really dedicated to show us everything in the park. The river safari in Bentota was a nice experience. It is a great place to see birds , lizards and crocodiles, also to make unforgetable photos with a baby crocodile. More>>
We used VTS during our 2-week stay at the Centara Ceysands hotel in Bentota (see separate review for hotel). Arranging tours with VTS was very straightforward. I arranged via email on our arrival in Sri Lanka. VTS responded to my emails very promptly
We did two separate tours with VTS tours. The first to sigiriya and damballa caves. The second to yala national park. Both trips were great. The driver Rohan spoke really good English and was very knowledgeable about the area. He really looked after us. Would definitely recommend.
-- Bowserbabe2013 - TripAdvisor