Sita Tour – 6 Days
12 September 17 - 17 September 17
5 Nights - 6 Days Special Indian Taste
For those Ramayana devotees who intend to spend six days on our island, we offer this Sita Tour itinerary. It includes visits of all those places visited on the shorter five-days Rama Tour, but has an additional day for the famous Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage site Kataragama and a journey along the south coast to see some more Ramayana Trail sites. So you can enjoy the scenery of Sri Lanka’s highlands and coastal areas as well as small city tours in in the capital Colombo and the charming Kandy. The Sita Amman temple in the Ashoka Vatika area will be the highlight of this tour. However, you also see the island’s only traditional Rama temple at Rattota in a highland area that is remote and tranquil
- Day 1 – Airport to Kandy Hotel
- Day 2 – Rama Temple in Rattota / Sita Kotuwa
- Day 3 – Kandy City Tour / Tea Plantation and Way to Nuwara Eliya / Ramboda Waterfalls
- Day 4 – Sita Amman Kovil ( Ashoka Vatika ) / Divurumpola (Agni Pariksha )/ Ravana Falls – Visiting to Kataragama
- Day 5 – Ussangoda / Rumassala Rock – Unawatuna / Seenigama Temple / Colombo City Tour Evening
- Day 6 – Transfer to Airport
Our pricing includes the followings ( Above Mention Price for per person ) – USD $738 ( Minimum 2 Peoples)
- Meet and assistance at the Colombo International Airport
- Transportation by an air-conditioned by car with English Speaking Driver Guide
- All fuel, insurance and license fees of the vehicle
- Replacement of vehicle in case of breakdown or emergency
- Accommodation on double / Twin room sharing basis at the two / three star class hotels or similar
- Meals on Half Board basis (With inclusive of Dinner & Breakfast) at the mentioned hotels
- All Entrance fees and tickets
The following items are NOT included in our price
- Air ticket expenses from your country to Sri Lanka and return journey
- Lunch Expenses
- Extra items consumed / facilities utilized in Hotels
- Tips to service men and drivers
- Expenses of personal nature such as liquor, cigarettes etc.
- Camera Charges payable at the visiting places
- 01 On arrival at Colombo International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by your personal chauffeur guide. Proceed directly to Kandy, enjoy first impressions of Sri Lanka’s beautiful landscape on the way. Check in at your hotel in Kandy. In the evening take part in a puja ceremony at the Temple of the Holy Tooth Relic and a cultural and dance show close to the Kandy lake. Dinner and overnight stay in Kandy. In case you arrive in the morning, we can arrange some extra visits on the way to Kandy without additional costs for you. But it’s up to you, maybe you prefer to relax in your hotel or in Kandy after your journey and flight to Sri Lanka.
- 02 After breakfast in the hotel proceed to the Matale, visit the Muthumariamman Kovil, a huge and colourful Tamil temple in the core of Sri Lanka. Afterwards cross the Riverston mountain area and see the tradtional Tamil Rama temple in Rattota as well as the newly identified Ramayana sites Lakgala and Yahangala. A walk along jungle paths will lead you to Sita’s first abode on the island, Sita Kotuwa, today it is a small excavated forest monastery and a waterfall near another Ramayana Trail site called Gurulupotha. On the way back to Kandy enjoy spectacular views in the northeastern part of the highlands called Knuckles Range, but be aware the Sinhalese call this area “misty valley”, often only fogs and clowds can be seen. Dinner and second overnight stay in Kandy.
- 03 After breakfast take part in a small city tour, you will have time enough for shopping, too. After lunchtime proceed to Nuwara Eliya. On the way stop at Ramboda and enjoy the view to Ramboda Falls. Those who can walk uphill can visit the Hanuman temple erected by the Chinmaya mission. Others have the opportunity to reach it with threewheelers, but this would not be included in the price. Have a break at Labookellie tea plantation and a look to its Mani Katthuter rock. This second half of the mountain road to Nuwara Eliya is the “Sundara Kand” area, where Hanuman was in search for Sita. It is of extraordinary scenic beauty, too. Check in at your hotel in Nuwara Eliya, dinner an overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
- 04 After breakfast visit the Sita Amman temple in Sita Eliya, believed to be the place of Sita’s captivity called Ashoka Vatika. Afterwards see the Buddhist stupa at Divurumpola, according to the Ramayana Trail story it is the place of Sita’s fire ordeal Agni Pariksha. After lunch proceed to Ella which is famous for its perfect views. In the Ella Gap have a break at the Ravana Ella falls, another Ramayana Trail site. After arrival and check in at your hotel in Kataragama you have the opportunity to join an evening puja at the famous Kataragama shrine. Dinner and overnight stay in Kataragama.
- 05 After breakfast enjoy the road along Sri Lanka’s south coast. On the way have a break at Ussangoda, a place related to Hanuman’s burning of Lanka. At the marvellous beach of Unuwatuna you can see the Rumassala rock and close to Galle the Seenigama island, two more Ramayana Trail sites. After lunch in or near Galle take the highway back to Colombo. So you will arrive in Colombo not before the late afternoon, just time enough for a small city tour. After dinner you will have opportunities to go back to the city centre on your own on your last evening of your journey in Sri Lanka.
- 06 Transfer to a booked beach resort between Negombo and Galle or back to the airport some hours in advance and check in for your return flight. We hope very much you enjoyed the beauty and hospitality of our motherland Sri Lanka and hope to welcome you again soon.